Friday, February 09, 2007

Pics and Some Thoughts.....

















I went out on 7th Feb to a party with the Geoexpat members. It was great fun with the girls. Enjoy the pics. Look at me, I'm smiling so much that you can hardly see my eyes!

I've been thinking quite a bit recently. To be brutally honest, I've been having issues with my weight. I never really realised that it can hit me this much at times. I guess, everyone knows that I love, love shopping. It's one of my greatest pleasure. But in HK, it gets to my self-esteem a lot. I remember ages ago, talking to Pauline (a classmate from uni, who lived in HK), she was telling me how one of her friends actually turned anorexic living in HK. I can see why and how it can happen. I've always had issues with my weight and over the period of time, I thought that I'll just learn to love myself and my body. But living in HK can get really hard. There are days that I go shopping, looking for clothes and when I get home, I feel really shitty because I couldn't fit into any clothes.

I've always thought, well, as long as I love myself and I'm healthy. But then, after living in HK for a couple of months, it's getting harder and harder. There's always this pressure to lost weight and be skinnier. I don't want to end up buying clothes from the plus size section or from the maternity section. But then again, I wonder, could it be me. Went shopping yesterday and I ended up trying jeans from the men's section and well, one pair didn't fit me at all. And it doesn't help when WK can eat and eat and still lose weight. Sometimes I wonder how long more before I give into temptation to join a slimming centre or end up so called eating fat busting pills. I understand that there's no shortcut to losing weight. I just have to put in more effort in going to the gym.

Well, that's my story for now..Wanting to lose weight and then again, I love to eat too....It's like a battle of good and evil. Good grief. I've to stop obsessing with losing weight.

No comments: