Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

This is our first Valentine's Day in Hong Kong. Actually, after 10 years of courtship, 4 and half years of marriage, Valentine's Day seem to be just a day that we exchange presents. We don't even really go out for dinner anymore. Oh no, I forgot, last year, we went to No Signboard for crabs....yumm....crabs....just thinking of it...it's making me drool....yum...stop...back to blogging. This Valentine's Day is slightly different as we're in HK.

Valentine's Day is pretty big in HK. Well, working around in Central, I saw flower delivery people delivering flowers and men and women holding bouquets and bouquets of flowers. Must admit that I wish I got flowers too. But well, WK is not really into sending flowers. He thinks that it's a waste of money. Not really sure if I agree with him. And truth is, I spent something like 6 hours in the hair salon today...Yes, 6 hours! I had breakfast there, 2 krispy kreme donuts (my favourite donuts). I walked like 20 mins to get them and so, I kinda earned my donuts. And WK delivered a fillet-o-fish to me for lunch. Dinner, we went to a local fish ball restaurant. Like I mentioned, VD is big here. Every opportunity to make money, the Hong Kongers will grab it! Dinners will costs a bomb and I do agree with WK that why should we conform and be subjected to expensive dinners that may not be yummy.

This got me thinking. Of course it's nice to have a nice present. Yes, still waiting for my present from WK. He got a nice ipod. And go for nice dinner on Valentine's Day. But why should it be limited only to Valentine's Day that we show love to each other. Like most experts would say, what's the point of being nice just for one day and be a jerk/bitch for the rest of the year. WK loves eating and so do I. Sometimes he'll surprise me by bringing me to nice restaurants and it makes it even more special or sometimes, he'll buy me something...Actually, he's a good husband. He buys me quite a bit of things. I'm really glad to have him.

WK is my best friend. I'm 32 and we've been together for 14 years now and that's almost half of my life. Sure we have our ups and downs. I've a terrible temper and when I get mad, I get really mad. And he has his temper as well. And I'm stubborn, yes, really stubborn and WK puts up with everything. Like Pastor says, a marriage can be heaven on earth or...hell on earth. Obviously, we strive for a heaven on earth. But making that work, it's a lot of hard work. A lot of giving and taking, a lot of understanding, figuring things out, and heaps more. But at the end of the day, it's all worth it. I still get butterflies in my tummy sometimes when I see WK....But sometimes, it's hungry butterflies....

Have to stop...I'm just rambling away...Sorry, I'm hungry...trying not to eat..And yes, I'm heading home tomorrow!!! Can't wait to eat!!! Yes...Eat!!! And Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: