Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CNY in Singapore

Tonight is my final night in Singapore. We've been back for about a week and it has been truly great. It has been great spending time with family and friends. Ate heaps and heaps. Ate so much to the point that finally, my body is saying that it's enough! Can't seem to eat anymore today.

This time coming back to Singapore, I seem to have more time meeting up with some friends but then again, time is never enough as well. Didn't have time to really spend with Pat and Stan. Met Lina briefly at Mum's place. Next trip, friends, I promise that I'll try to spend time with you.

Met up with some ex-colleagues, and let me say this, for the record and not off the record, I am truly, truly, truly glad that I've left my ex-workplace. Think I will not be able to deal with the competition and the rat race. I am much happier with the pace of work now. Ha, less than half the work that I used to work and double pay, why wouldn't I be happy? I don't think I'm ever cut out for the competition and climbing up the corporate ladder. To me when I started teaching, it has never been about climbing up the corporate ladder. To me, it's more about the children and yes, it's has always been and will still be about the children. They are my clients and my employer, is the Almighty above. And that's how I view my vocation in teaching.

We're heading back tomorrow. As usual, each time I head back to HK, I have mixed feelings. In a way, I'm glad to head back. I do like my life in HK. But at the same time, I miss my family and friends and I'll miss my Hobbit big time! Next trip, I should be back in Jul and Aug. Till then......I miss you all!

No comments: