Tuesday, October 03, 2006

His Ways are Higher than Mine

Readers...This is going to be a religious post....Went to the gym today. Haven't been there for about a week and so bringing myself to the gym wasn't an easy task. As I try to lose weight and slide on the cross trainer...My thoughts had a good run. Have to keep myself distracted.....

I was thinking about how God's ways are always much higher and His plans are always not the way we want our plans to be. My thoughts about the Almighty actually started when I went to Tsingyi to get Aunty Yoke Siong a mattress. She's WK's aunty. A real nice aunty. I looked at it a few weeks ago, and its was HK$200 and today, it was $120. A nice discount. When Aunty Yoke Siong called last night, I told her that I'll meet her on Thursday nite. I wanted to go out on Wednesday to meet the girls from Geoexpat website. So arrangements were made with her. Dad's friend called when I got home after school and we made plans to meet for dinner on Wednesday nite. When I was at the gym, I realised that little things like these fall into place. For some, it might be just a sheer coincidence but for me, I'm like, wow, things fall into place and thank God for it.

Then I started to think about my life on its whole. Dad's favourite song is 'I did it my way' by Frank Sinatra. Oh yes, it's a nice song but in my life, I would love the song to be 'I did it God's way.' I'm beginning to feel that my whole life has been controlled by God in little ways that I don't seem to see it immediately but when I think about it, it makes sense. It's like a 'connect the dots' activity sheets that I used to do as a kid. There are plans that I plan and then I wonder many times why aren't things working out for me. I remember before going to do my Masters in Australia, I applied to 4 universities. One of the universities that I really wanted to go to, lost my application. I was pretty upset. And then I decided to go to university of Sydney. After I decided, the other university replied and accepted me. But I knew that God wanted me to be in Sydney. When I got to Sydney, I understood why. My best friend was there. I worked with an autistic child. And I learnt things that textbooks, journals, lectures and stuff can't teach you. I learnt about needs of an autistic child, friendships and relying on God.

Before heading to do my Masters, I came to Hong Kong for the NET interview. This was after I paid for my school fees to University of Sydney. I thought since I was shortlisted for the interview and I was going to be in Hong Kong to visit Grandma and to visit Pauline, might as well go for the interview. After the interview, I was offered the job. I had to tell EMB to wait as I wanted to do my Masters first. They complied which was nice of them. When I was in Sydney, I thought of my future and thought maybe my life should be in Spore and to go back to WDP to contribute to them whatever I've learnt from my Masters. At the end of my Masters, EMB emailed and asked if I was ready to start work in Jan 2006. But again I had to delay them as I really wanted to work in Spore. Alas, life doesn't work out the way I wanted it to be.

Got back to Spore and started working and contributing as much as I could, and then the news came. I got a terrible appraisal. I was in shock. My life literally went down the toilet! Plus I was thinking I've already delayed EMB, not sure if they are going to take me. I was feeling terrible, I was almost on the verge of depression. It was always, why God? Why are you letting this to happen to me? I was miserable. Then Feb came, EMB emailed again and this time I told them that I'll come to Hong Kong. And now, being in Hong Kong, I'm able to look back and be glad that those things happened at WDP. When I agreed to EMB, the first and only school that called me, is the school that I work for now. I knew that this is the school for me. When I was being interviewed, I found out that the school is a Christian school and I wanted to work in a Christian school. And then things flowed smoothly.

Somewhere in Jul, I post a question on the expat website that I frequent. I asked about WK's job prospects in HK. Then in August, I had a reply. And before I knew WK scored an interview and then in a matter of weeks, WK got a job and now within 2 weeks, WK's moving to HK. And now, I've found a church to go to. I've a regular group of girlfriends and friends. I'm not lonely but rather, my social calendar can be rather full. In everything that has happened, I see the hand of God working in us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, God never forgets His children. This is even when His children are unfaithful, He'll still be there till they repent. I can say that because I've seen His hands working.

At this point of time, I really don't know how long does God wants us to be in Hong Kong. We're just going to rely on Him and we'll go back to Spore when He tells us to.

12.00 am

Hong Kong

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like your testomoniy. God has really used your experience and spoke to me. I just had an interview with EMB and now,I am awaiting for results. Even though I think the interview went well, but my future can go either way. I guess I just have to wait and see.

sunniefaith said...

Although I don't know who you are, thanks for reading my blog. I believe that God has a purpose for everything and if its His will, the door will open for you. If not, a window will open for you for brighter and bigger things ahead!