Sunday, October 08, 2006

Returning to my Roots

Just to clarify if anyone is wondering, I've no roots in Hong Kong. Don't think any of my grandparents are from Hong Kong.

I woke up today feeling really terrible. The sore throat, cough and flu finally got to me. I lay in bed thinking if I should give church a miss. Eventually I gave church a miss. Got up, checked my emails, had my breakfast and I went downstairs to see a doctor. I wanted to give the chinese physician a try. I've always wanted to give it a try and what better place than in HK to try. Got into the clinic and surprisingly, the chinese physician spoke English. He took one look at me and said that I've got water retention. That explains me being fat. I wanted to give that man a kiss! Finally, a doc that says that I'm not fat, it's just water retention! Ya!!! And he told me, no worries, I'll be able to lose some weight. He went through a series of questions and he scribbled a bunch of stuff. Well, it turns out that I'm extremely unhealthy. He gave me some vile tasting medicine which I took. Boy, it's vile....more than vile!

Well, back to the topic of me going back to my roots. Since I started living in HK, I realised that I know very little of my culture or roots. It was interesting trying to hear kids explaining to me about Mid-Autumn Festival. In Singapore, Mid-Autumn to me, it's all about eating yummy snow skin mooncakes and that's all. And going to a chinese physician today was also an eye opener. I'm an ethnic chinese and the chinese medicine should work for me. The only reason why I've never been to one in Spore is because, I don't seem to trust the ones in Spore. Let's see how this one goes. I'm going back to see him on Wed. Hopefully, he'll be able to do something about my water retention and yes.....I'll be dropping some dress sizes!!!!

In a week's time, WK will be in HK....Can't wait!!!

3.10 pm

Hong Kong

No comments: