Saturday, September 02, 2006

Crowded Hong Kong

Back from the city. As requested by Yati, some pics today. Went to Ikea today. Needed to get more stuff for my home. Got to Ikea and Wk commented that the Ikea in HK is just as crowded as the one in Spore. The strange thing about this Ikea, it is in Causeway Bay, which is like Orchard Road in Spore's context, and also the store is actually in the 2 levels of the basement of a hotel. Guess, this is what happens when space becomes a constraint. For once, Wk did not say anything about me getting anything. My guess is that he was too tired from looking at the crowd. I got more stuff so that I can get everything delivered to my place. Couldn't deal with carrying the stuff on the ferry and back home.


This is how Wk looked after shopping at Ikea. We stopped at a restaurant for lunch. He was so tired to the point that he looked a little off! After eating, we went on walking around Causeway Bay. Boy, it was really crowded. There were masses and masses of people everywhere. At one point, I felt a little claustrophobic. And this is when I knew we had to leave Causeway.






While we were waiting for a cab to go to another mall, I took this pic. Look at the hordes and hordes of people. It is just amazing. I was reminded today by a friend that HK has twice the number of people than Spore. This must be the result of it. People in HK love and love to shop. Got to IFC mall and then we realized that we were too tired to hang around in the city till dinner so time to get to the pier to get home.




The ferry pier at Central. This is where I get the ferry to get back home. Got onto the ferry and promptly fell asleep. Got up way too early this morning.

7.25 pm

Hong Kong

No comments: