Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lonely...I'm so lonely...I'm so lonely on my own.....

Last night WK went back to Spore and tonight Jackie went back as well. The home suddenly seem so quiet.....It's feels kinda odd. And I'm now alone. To be honest, I'm not very lonely. I enjoy the solitude. Which is strange as I am an extrovert and all my friends would probably agree that I'm an extrovert as well. But I do enjoy my moments of solitude a lot as well. It is the same as when I was living in Sydney that I enjoy living alone. When I went to Sydney to study last year, even though money was tight, I still chose to live alone. I like my peace and serenity. I would rather cut back on everything and live alone. It is the same living in Hong Kong now. I guess I'm one of those strange extrovert that value my quietness a lot as well.

Met an old friend tonight for dinner. Someone that I've not seen for 9 years. Can you believe it? 9 years! Gary works in Ireland now and he came back on a business trip to HK and it so great that we had time to meet up with each other. I used to hang out with Gary a lot when I was studying in Gold Coast. We used to work in the same restaurant and also went to the same uni. We worked, studied and partied together. One of the best places that I worked was Imperial Palace. It was a freaking blast working there! Going to work was like going to hang out with friends. We had a good time catching up and also talking about the good old days. Both of us agreed that the times in uni was probably one of the best times we had in our lives. It is also hard to catch up and meet up with friends from uni especially when I was an international student. Most of my friends in uni were like me, international students and some aussies as well. When we left uni, it was as if a part of our life being taken away from us. It was hard. Like Gary said, it was depressing when we returned to our home country. It took me some time to re-establish my social circle again, close to a year or 2. I remembered that when I first went back to Spore, two of my best friends, Stanley and Lina were still in Australia. It was such a hard time as my social circle only consists of WK. But well, things are better now. Love my friends at my old workplace, love my church friends and Pat as well, my friend from NIE. So, there you go...I've got friends again. Plus now, new friends in HK. Meeting the girls from the NET program for dinner on Friday. Can't wait!

12.00 am

Hong Kong

No comments: