Saturday, September 16, 2006

Locked Out!!!

Day started as usual...Nothing special. I was meant to meet Michelle at 5.30 pm at Tsim Sha Tsui MTR to meet the other NETS for drinks. So I left home at 4.45 to get to 7-11 to get re-charge for my mobile phone. Got to 7-11 and told the lady what I needed. Just before she punched into the cashier, I dug into my bag for my purse. Digging and looking, I went, shit, no purse. And I told her, I'll be back later. And it was when I was out of 7-11 and I realized, fuck! My keys are in my purse! Can't get into my apartment. And then, I realized that I can't get into my estate as well because my resident's card in also in my purse. I had a moment of sheer panic! There I was standing outside the gate and I called Simon and told him what happened. He lives in my estate too. He told me to call my landlord, and I replied that my landlord actually lives in Spore. Then he said, speak to the concierge, he'll know what to do. At that someone was getting into the estate and I manage to get in. I got to my block and spoke to the concierge. He gave me a number and I called the locksmith. Thank God, he's also on the island so I didn't have to wait long.

He arrived and we went up to my apartment. He took quite a while to pick my lock. While I was standing there, I had some thoughts running through my head. I was thinking, gee, you're not that a great lock picker, you're taking such a long time. Then another notion crept in, ok, if he's taking such a long time, that means that the lock is pretty hard to pick and so it must be a good lock. And thoughts kept running through my head. At one point, I had to stop the brain from talking, I'm going crazy!!! About 30 mins later, he started to pack his tools, and I'm like what?? Don't expect me to pay you, door still not open! Then he took out this huge card and he tried to slide it up and down and he went on for a couple of mins and then viola...door opened! It was a relief. And I had to pay him HK$150 about SIN$30, I was like...Shit! That $150 could have bought me another shirt, fill up my Octopus card, a pair of shoes or I could have gotten something!!!

Anyway, came in, grabbed my purse and went off to meet Michelle and thereafter, helped her to move. Drama over....anyway, thank God everything is fine now. Going to visit grandma tomorrow. Spending a day with her. Pretty excited about it. Haven't seen her for more than 18 months

12.40 am

Hong Kong

No comments: