Sunday, September 17, 2006

Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop

I went to church this morning. Yes, finally, went to church. Church service was at 8.30 am. Real early. The sermon today was on 'Integrity'. The preacher shared on Job and how through it all, he held on to his integrity and and didn't wavered on his trust, faith and hope in God.

At this point of time in my life, everything is going somewhat well. For the first time in my life for a long time, everything seem to be going fine. Job is great, money is not as tight as before, hubby is coming over to HK to work and things seem to be going well. Comparing this to what was going on just last year, the same time, my life was in constant worry. I was always worried about not having enough money last year, my assignments, making sure that I'll pass and even this year. Early this year, I was struggling to pay my study loans, teach more tuition classes to make more money and the workload I was having at work. Then Aug came, and now in September, things seem to be turning out fine. This is not right. I don't seem to be worried and edgy about things. I even have time to go to the gym and have time to hang out with my friends. And when I think about it, wow, this is strange. Of course, I'm thankful for everything that God has provided and how well everything is turning out to be. However, at the back of my head, I'm just thinking, is this my false sense of peace, security and that something terrible is going to happen soon? Am I then giving in to Satan's temptations and questioning God's blessings for me?

No, I'm not going to let that happen. I'm going to sit back and enjoy God's goodness and at the same time, thank Him for everything that He has provided for me. I'm truly thankful for everything so far.

No comments: