Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Month and A Day in Hong Kong

It has been a month and a day since I've arrived in Hong Kong. Things have been good so far. Actually, something happened at about 7.50+pm. I was sitting in my lounge room watching TV. Then I felt tremors...And I thought to myself, 'Boy, a bloody huge plane must be flying over my block'. Then when I went online, I realised that there was really a mini earthquake....For the few seconds I thought...Gosh...hope that the building wouldn't just collapse!

Anyway, back to me living in Hong Kong. I guess at this point of time, I'm still in my honeymoon stage with Hong Kong. The experiences that I have so far have been rather positive and there's really nothing to complain about. No, I do have a complain...Wish they have more restaurants that have English menus! Almost everyday, my boss helps me to order lunch because I can't figure out what to eat. Not that I don't know what to eat...I always know what I want to eat but rather, I can't read the menu and I can't express myself to the restaurant well enough. My boss is nice enough to ask me what I'm going to have for lunch everyday.

Watching Channel News Asia now...Yes, friends in Spore, I have Channel News Asia. Need to keep up with the news at home! Just found out that Elizabeth Choy passed away. My heart sank a little. God bless her soul, she's happy home with the Lord now. Dad used to tell us stories about her all the time when we were young. She used to teach him when he was in St Andrews Primary School. When I became a teacher Dad was very happy because of her. And then stories of Elizabeth Choy started again. In his point of view and I believe in most people's point of views, she was a great teacher. Dad and his brothers would trade stories about Elizabeth Choy. Then when my sisters got into the education business as well. Dad was even happier... I have tonnes of respect for her. Imagine the impacts that she made on her primary school students that till now, men of fifties and sixties still remember her. I wonder what sort of impacts have I left on my students. I do hope that they are positive ones.

I'm getting happier as the days pass. WK is flying in next Friday. The company that is going to hire him is working out stuff with him and things should be firm up by next Monday. God has been good, very good.....I'm very thankful.

10.15 am

Hong Kong

No comments: