Sunday, August 20, 2006

First Weekend in Hong Kong

This is my first Saturday in Hong Kong. Morning started off with meeting some expats for breakfast at the cafe in my estate. It was pretty interesting as I met these expats online and it's almost like blind dates meeting. It was good meeting people, especially people that live in my estate. It's beginning to feel like home.

Later in the afternoon, I met Angie, her husband and her sister in Mongkok. We walked through 'ladies market'. Gee...the crowd there is unbelievable. I guess after living on the island for a couple of days and there isn't as much people here, seeing so many people can be a little scary. After Mongkok, and lunch, I brought them to my place for a visit. And then off to Amelia's (Angie's sister) place for dinner. Dinner was yum!!! I haven't had such yummy dinner for a long time....Err, 6 days is a long time, you know!

It's always good to see someone familiar when living overseas. I don't really miss home but once in a while, I do have a 'miss home' moment....5 days to seeing my Babe again!!!

No comments: