Saturday, August 19, 2006

More Friends

Had the second day of induction today. I'm not sure if it was good or not. It was good making more friends but bad, some of the speakers were so boring! Gosh, it's amazing how I managed to stay the whole day. After induction, I went for a social with the rest of the NET newbies organized by NESTA which is the Native English Speaking Teachers Association. It was good meeting NETs that have been teaching in HK and hearing their experiences. Made plans with a few girls for them to come over to my place on Sunday.

Right now, I'm experiencing my first storm in Ma Wan, the island that I'm at. Honestly, I'm so so thankful that I came home early. I just got home about an hour ago and probably half an hour ago the storm started. I opened my curtains and peered out and I literally saw trees swinging and swinging. The wind is strong and I see lightening every couple of minutes. I hear the ships' horns going off too. Not sure if this is a typhoon. But whatever it is, thank God, I'm home. I originally wanted to meet some other people out tonight but decided against it as I wanted to go to the social by NESTA.

Thanks Yati for the sms....Miss you heaps too! Meeting the other people today made me realized that I miss my friends a lot but it is good as well as I made new friends. I'm getting my support group started.

No comments: