Monday, August 14, 2006

Long Post















My estate

Everyone, this is going to be a long long post....So either you stop reading now....or brace yourself for the long ride. I've got so much to write today. I guess, when I'm thrown into solitude and also to the fact that I don't have that many friends to call in HK to share my thoughts with, I turn to blogging. I need to talk and no one is going to listen so I type instead.

Day started somewhat fine. Woke up real early and then did some stuff at home before heading out to get my temp HK ID done. Took the ferry ride to Central. While on the ferry, for some reason, I got into a pensive mood and started thinking of things. And that's when I realized how blessed I am. Will write about that later. Got to immigration and that's when the fun begin. Waiting and waiting and endless waiting. Spent more than 2 hours there. At least I got my ID and then next, had to go and open a bank account. Got that done and then off to home. Resisted the temptation to walk around the mall. Am pretty proud of myself. Managed to do that. Got home and then off to the supermarket.















My 'pinkified bedroom


On the way to Central, thoughts came and I realized how much God has blessed me. It's to a point that I felt really crappy when I think of the times that I complain. I remember once watching Oprah and she mentioned how when things are not going well, one should write a gratitude journal. It's to remind you to be thankful for everything. Well, this is my gratitude journal.

This is rank in order. The top being what I'm most thankful for.

1) W.K.
Thank God for providing me with such a patient, wonderful, understanding and everything a wife would want for in a husband. I'm truly thankful that God has provided me with someone who only wants me to be happy. And I can't ask for more. He's been very supportive of all the decisions that I made. Can't ask for more! Babe, love you heaps!!!!

2) Parents
In some ways, my parents may not be the best in the world. But I know that they tried their best to raise up 3 girls into women. It was not easy for them. No matter how hard it got, they made it. My parents are only 50 and they raise 3 girls who are graduates. And Jackie even has a 2nd degree and thankfully, I completed my masters last year. Daddy, you're the man!

3) Sisters
My sisters are the best! We may yell and shout when we were growing up. But when someone messes with one of us....Ah ha.....my sisters will get ya! Thank God for them. It's comforting to know that I can call them anytime and they'll be there.

4) Hobbit
My furry daughter!!! Love her!! Thank God for helping me choose her at the pet shop. Even though she gets cranky and she probably has ADHD, but she's still very special to me.

5) In Laws
My in laws are great. I know that my mum in law finds it hard to accept me as I'm too western and wild for her. But she still accepts me. Wk's aunties are great too! Lok Yee is always there when I need her and she tries her best to explain issues to my mum in law when things get rough. God is truly great.

6) Best friends, Eve, Lina and Stanley
For some, it's hard to find 1 best friend. But I've 3!!! Can you believe it? God must love me and that's why He gave me 3. Or that He knew that I'll be a wreck without them. These 3 people are probably the bestest and closest friends that I'll ever have. All 3 are important. And if all 3 falls into the river....Errr....I can never decide who to save! Anyway, they will probably have to save me as I'm the weakest swimmer! Eve, has been my best friend since uni. Her friendship became even more real when we spent heaps of time together in Sydney when I was doing my masters. It is so hard to be even in the same continent as her, much less the same country! Had a great time last year. Miss her heaps! Love her to the bits! Lina, my dearest and oldest friend. We've known each other since we were babies. She understands what I go through with my family and she has never judged me but took time to listen. She loves me just the way I am and accepts me. And I love the way she is too! Stanley, my best male friend. The guy that I might have gotten married to if I didn't meet WK. Not that I was in love with him, but I love his companionship. He's my rock and he brings me back to my spiritual ground. A brother that I never had. Stan, hardly get the chance to say this, but, I love you!

7) Friends from WDP
It's hard to find friends at work and God gave me friends. I remember during school hols, I'll go on holidays with Sharon and my first travelling partner was Veron. Going to work and seeing the people that I love at work, made work so much more bearable. Love them for being there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry, a listening ear and just for being there for me. I miss them already. People like Sharon, Veron, Marcia, Doreen, Ariel and the list goes on.

8) Surrogate mothers
God knew that I didn't have the best mother in the world, although I know that Mum tries her best. God provided me with mothers. I'm so thankful for Angie. She feeds me with physical food and at the same time spiritual reminders. Aunty Sue, is a great mother too. Always looking out for me. And He sent mothers to me when He knows that I need one.

9) Friends
In God's own ways, I'm beginning to see that He sends me friends at the time when I need someone the most. He has this uncanny way of knowing to send someone to me whenever I'm low on encouragement. Friends, you know who you are....thanks for the encouragements, love, time and everything. I love all of you!

10) Material possessions
God has provided for me so much that I can never be thankful for. He knows all my needs and He'll never be short in giving. It was a hard time last year when I was doing my masters. But in my time of need, He's always there to provide for me.

The list goes on. When something happens, I've realized to just commit everything to God. He'll take care of things. This bit of a song came into my mind...it's bits here and there. And I just did a search and found the song. This song is very meaningful to me especially at this point of time. I've always had a 5 years plan. But at this point of time, my plan is reduced to 2 years. Lord, I'm learning to let you hold my hand. Learning to walk beside, not ahead, not behind and not far from you. I'm still learning...

I Know Who Hold Tomorrow
I don't know about tomorrow,I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

Ev'ry step is getting brighter,As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

I don't know about tomorrow,It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,And I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

11.30 pm
Hong Kong

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Hi Jas,

Loved reading ur blog! Keep writing! I believed we will communicate more this way rather then when u are in Singapore.... haha....Take care. A little calculated indulgence is ok lah....
ariel

sunniefaith said...

Thanks! Don't you think that it's a tad too pink? And thanks for reading the super long post!!!!