Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Temptations

To all my friends that know me.....I'm a shopper....a compulsive shopper. I buy clothes, shoes, bags, everything.....you name it, I'll find a reason to buy it! Actually, I don't even need a reason to buy anything. I just buy to make me feel happy. Buying makes me happy.

So I went to the shopping mall today when I realized that I used up my mobile phone's credit. I wanted to buy a phone on contract. Was thinking of getting a nicer phone. An excuse to buy a phone! Called Wk and he was telling me to wait so that I can get a better phone. I really want to get the Motorola MNG..or something like that. So I listened to the man...and walked out from the shop. Ha, can't believe I actually did that.

Next stop, Citygate shopping mall. This is an outlet haven!!! Adidas, Nike, Calvin Klein....and I just walked and had a look here and there. Oh, I bought a cordless phone there. Needed one for the apartment. Then I went to the supermarket. The supermarket is huge, huge and huge! And I'm no longer worried if I can't get my western food stuff. Wow..the supermarket is just superb. And it was hard to resist temptation to buy more and more.

Looking at today, I'm so thankful for everything, even when I'm done with not very much money. I'm learning slowly that life is not all about having money and being able to buy. If I'm only happy when I buy something, it's sad. Something is really wrong with me. And I realize that it's time to walk away from buying.....But not sure how long that will last though. I wanted to get a book today, pretty deprived of reading. Was going to get 5 People You Meet in Heaven or something like that. But then again, I think I might already have that book at home. So why the need to buy. Met my friends online. Miss Sharon and Yati heaps... Finally wireless working after I stuffed it up last night. God has truly been great to me

8.45 pm
Hong Kong

1 comment:

sunniefaith said...

Well, no one to talk to....I talk to myself through writing!!! And it's also a way to remind me of God's goodness to me lest I forget!