Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pics

Read the comments that were left by Ariel and Cyn. Well, thanks for leaving post. And Cyn, yes, I can really write......Used to torture my teachers with my long winded compositions. And I guess, writing this blog is actually therapeutic for me. It's my way of relaxing and getting things out of my system. I remember when I was living in Sydney, I would call Eve and talk to her. We'll meet at least thrice a week to have dinner. In a way, she was my therapist. But now, Eve is like in a different time zone.....Well, don't think I'll be having dinner with her soon...Probably in like 6 months. Miss her heaps. Can't seem to figure out a good time to call her as when I'm awake, she's asleep. So blogging is a good way for me. And it's also a lazy way for me to keep in touch with my family and friends.

Started my first day at work today. Went to school at 9 in the morning. Took me only 5 mins from home to school. That means more time for me to sleep! Had a meeting with my head. Did heaps of paperwork. And I really mean heaps. So many forms to fill. Talked a bit of their expectations from me. After the paperwork, I sat in an interview. They were interviewing someone to help me with the lower primary. This came as a bonus to me. Didn't expect that at all. After that, my head, brought me to my seat in the staff room. This is when I suddenly realized that I miss all my pals at Woodlands. The staff room seems to be really quiet. I guess it is still the school holidays. I miss talking to Sharon, Marcia and screaming, 'Ariel, you there? Where's mummy? Want to have lunch?' It's bits like this that made me realize that I really had friends at work. And they were the ones that made life easier at work. Was talking to WK in the evening and it dawned on me that I'll probably not make such good friends at work again.

Moving on, came home at 1pm. It's a short first day. Took a nap and then went out to meet Cara for dinner. I met her online. A nice Singaporean girl. She brought her husband along. I really want to thank God for always providing friends when I need one. Dinner was yummy. I've got induction tomorrow. I'm truly looking forward to it. I wonder, it's been a long time that I've been really excited about everything. Hoping to meet the other NET teachers too.


View near the ferry



Private beach in my estate
















The pier where I catch the ferry
















View from the ferry. The concrete jungle in front of the mountain.















Night view from my balcony

That's all the pics that I have for the moment. Angie and her hubby is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait. Nice to see familiar faces around. But damn....Got induction tomorrow and then PCCW coming tomorrow from 6 to 8 pm so I can't meet them. I'll see them on fri instead.

11.30 pm

Hong Kong

No comments: