Thursday, August 17, 2006

Meeting New People

Went for induction today. Thank God, managed to find the meeting point. I have been looking forward to induction. Made a couple of new friends. I was reminded of how God have always been merciful to me in providing friends. I made friends with Michelle. She's from Melbourne. We made plans to meet up on Sunday for dinner. During the introduction, I realized I was the only Singaporean there. There's another Singaporean but she's gotten her Australian citizenship, so she's Australian, I guess.

During the induction, I began to realize how blessed have I been. There were other NETs that haven't gotten their employment visas. And then, Michelle's school doesn't even know what her role as a NET is. On top of that, she has to work alternate Saturdays. Most of the NETs are in band 3 schools. A little information on the banding, band 1 is where the best primary schools, band 2, the middle schools and you get the idea. The school that I work in is probably equalivant to Pei Hwa Primary School is Singapore. Some of the NETs, haven't gotten their calendar and also they have meetings everyday for the next week. I felt truly blessed as I'm like, hmmm, I'm going into school like probably thrice next week and for like 3 hours each day. Some of the NETs haven't found their apartments, no HK Id and also no bank accounts. I felt so grateful. I've got everything done. Thank God for everything.

Angie arrived. Going to try to meet her tomorrow. Got my land line fixed as well. And my Babe is arriving in 7 days!!! Ya!!! God is great and life is good!

9.40 pm

Hong Kong

No comments: