Thursday, August 24, 2006

Welcome to the Family

I went to work today for a staff meeting. It was my first time meeting everyone in the school. Naturally, I was a little nervous, apprehensive and not really knowing what to expect. The principal started the meeting with an opening prayer. It was a pleasant surprise. After that, she started the meeting and she welcomed me to the family. Then, it was time for me to introduce myself.

The meeting went on in Cantonese after I introduced myself. It was rather surreal and I kinda understand a bit of what was being said. I had really nice colleagues who translated bits and pieces here and there. I sat through a 4 hour meeting. Not sure how I managed to do that, plus not forgetting it's in Cantonese. In my limited understanding of Cantonese, the principal welcomed the other newcomers and she went on saying that this is a family and colleagues should try to make an effort to make them feel welcomed. I felt really good knowing that this principal is great. She knows what she's talking about.

After the endless meeting, we had lunch. Before lunch, we said grace. The company was good. New colleagues started talking to me. I could see the effort that they were making. They tried their best to make me feel at home. I am truly grateful to God for giving me a Christian school. I believe that it is His will to lead me to this school. What makes it even more important and evident to me was that the principal's effort to put the message across that Christ is the priority in the school and that He's the leader that we should be looking up to.

Michelle popped by Park Island again to have a look at the apartments. After that we met some girls from Geoexpat for drinks. Colleen came along with us. We went to Lan Kwai Fong. Boy, it was crowded out there. After drinks, we had dinner. It was a good dinner, although, we were harassed by restaurant touts. I'm really glad to have friends like them. We're similar in age and thinking and we gel pretty well. Always nice to make new friends.

And in less than 24 hours my honey bun will be here!!!! So exciting....he's going for an interview as well. So, we'll see what happens. Maybe God is leading us in a different direction. Whatever happens, we're learning to leave things in God's hands. Oh...may not be posting for the next couple of days...Busy with my babe...

12.20 am

Hong Kong

No comments: